According to the above video, Ellie Kemper plans to live-stream Friday night’s Stand for Rights: A Benefit for the ACLU. Her Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt co-star Tituss Burgess, however, will perform on the show, along with movie icon Tom Hanks, movie star Maggie Gyllenhaal, and TV favorites Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation), Padma Lakshmi (Top Chef), Jon Hamm (Mad Men), Uzo Aduba (Orange is the New Black), Josh Charles (The Good Wife), Zosia Mamet (Girls), Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project), and the four big stars of 30 Rock — Alec Baldwin, Tina Fey, Tracy Morgan and Jane Krakowski.
The ACLU calls the event, which will include musicians as well as other actors and comics, a “modern day telethon.” You can attend in person by donating from $1,000 to $25,000 (visit Eventbrite for that option), or join Ellie by streaming the show over one of the following Facebook pages: Stand for Rights 2017, Funny or Die (whose latest videos will debut during the telethon) and The Huffington Post (which will also run clips post-event).
For more information and updates, visit www.facebook.com/standforrights2017.
(Note: Featured image is from a Stand for Rights’ Facebook promo asking visitors to “snap your finest Lady Liberty pose and share it.”)
- Isn’t it Snowmantic? - November 24, 2017
- ThanksStreaming Day - November 22, 2017
- David Cassidy, 1950-2017 - November 22, 2017
- Mubi, Curiosity On VRV - November 21, 2017
- ‘November Criminals’ - November 21, 2017
- Dockery Goes ‘Godless’ - November 20, 2017
- Antenna’s Bunkers Binge - November 20, 2017
- The ‘Messiah’ is Coming - November 17, 2017
- A Second Beatification - November 17, 2017
- Interactive Sitcom - November 16, 2017