RAD Lands, aimed at getting 6- to 10-year-olds to eat healthier, has launched exclusively on iTunes.
The series consists of six 22-minute episodes. Parents can download the first episode for free, and the others for 99 cents each; or all six episodes for $3.99. (Add a dollar to each price for HD). Go to iTunes.com/RadLands to download.
Each episode is divided into seven segments:
An animated segment featuring “a small rebel squad devoted to protecting the universe from an evil nemesis who wants to turn all the galaxy’s crops into processed junk.”
Musical performances from such acts as Neon Trees, Portugal The Man, Wayne Coyne, and Biz Markie.
‘Real-Life Cooking Demos’
“Coached by celebrity chefs Amanda Freitag, Duff Goldman and Michael Voltaggio, kids learn how to make easy, delicious eats.”
A competition hosted by Jimmy Wong and Ashley Adams, stars of YouTube’s Feast of Fiction, “where kids create snacks using odds and ends in their pantry.”
“A documentary look at kids growing, planting, and enjoying food they helped grow.”
This science-minded segment “communicates difficult to explain food-related concepts in easy-to-understand, animated storytelling.”
“Takes kids on a reverse ride to see how their food makes it from the farm to their table.”
By the way, RAD Lands was co-created by Chipotle Mexican Grill. But since the fast food chain stresses that the series is “unbranded … with no company logos and no hidden burritos, just entertaining and interesting content around food,” we haven’t felt the need to mention it until now.
‘RAD Lands’ teaser:
- A Primer on BLK Prime - February 19, 2018
- Israeli Self-Defense - February 19, 2018
- Philip Glass Live - February 16, 2018
- ‘Travel Time with Linda’ - February 16, 2018
- ‘Mozart’ Returns Friday - February 15, 2018
- ‘Stargate Origins’ Today - February 15, 2018
- ‘This Close’ Today - February 14, 2018
- Finding ‘One Flesh’ - February 14, 2018
- ‘Movies for Grownups’ - February 13, 2018
- ‘Her America’ Launches - February 13, 2018