How should we honor the life of Chuck Barris, who died yesterday at 87? We already presented videos of his most iconic TV creation (see Revisit ‘The Gong Show’) when ABC announced a reincarnation of the classic series back in October. But Barris was so much more than just a game show host, so maybe we’ll settle for a bio. Or better yet, a bio-pic! Namely the 2002 film adaptation of Barris’ 1984 autobiography Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, starring Sam Rockwell as Barris, and co-starring Drew Barrymore, Julia Roberts and George Clooney, who also directs. Here’s the trailer:
Some might say that Confessions stretches the true story of Barris’ life a bit … well, quite a bit. But today, as we mourn his death, we’ll choose to believe in alternative facts. Judge for yourself, though, by streaming the full movie – from $1.99 at PlayStation, or $2.99 at various sites, including YouTube, iTunes, Google Play and Vudu. The HD version costs an extra dollar at all locations.
Bonus video. Barris passed away at his home in Palisades, New York. That’s about 12 miles north of the former site of Palisades Amusement Park in New Jersey – the setting of Freddie Cannon’s 1962 hit record “Palisades Park,” written by … yes, the multi-talented Chuck Barris.
Animation by AniFull
- WeedTV Launches - September 22, 2017
- Beatification Weekend - September 22, 2017
- Tale of Two Sitcoms - September 21, 2017
- UN Peace Day Broadcast - September 20, 2017
- High Holy Days Online - September 20, 2017
- Baldwin’s Philharmonic - September 19, 2017
- Hispanic Heritage Docs - September 19, 2017
- ‘Doc Martin’ Thursday - September 18, 2017
- Entertale’s Africa Tale - September 18, 2017
- ‘Origin of Everything’ - September 15, 2017