Endukila, a bilingual mini-series from Indian-American filmmaker Deva Katta’s iCandy Creations, will be the first original production from 11-year-old YuppTV, a global provider of South Asian programming. The series, written and directed by Lakshman Karya, will be a product of the Telugu-language Tollywood film industry.
Katta tweeted that iCandy will do two series with YuppTV, one a romantic comedy and the other a drama. Based on the banner above and the series trailer, which you can watch at YuppTV.com, we believe Endukila is the rom-com. YuppTV said the series will launch during Ugadi, New Year’s Day for the Telugu people, which this year falls on Wednesday, March 29.
All YuppTV Originals will be subtitled.
Last October, when YuppTV received a $50 million investment from Emerald Media, CEO Uday Reddy said, “We hope to leverage their relationships and existing assets to create original programming and make this platform a next generation distribution and content powerhouse.”
Targeted to the Indian expat community and available online and on a range of devices, YuppTV has more than 250 TV channels, 5,000 movies and more than 100 TV shows in 14 languages, including Sinhala, Urdu, Nepali, Bangla, Hindi and Bengali. YuppTV claims to add nearly 2,500 hours of new on-demand programming every day. For more info, visit www.yupptv.com.
- Isn’t it Snowmantic? - November 24, 2017
- ThanksStreaming Day - November 22, 2017
- David Cassidy, 1950-2017 - November 22, 2017
- Mubi, Curiosity On VRV - November 21, 2017
- ‘November Criminals’ - November 21, 2017
- Dockery Goes ‘Godless’ - November 20, 2017
- Antenna’s Bunkers Binge - November 20, 2017
- The ‘Messiah’ is Coming - November 17, 2017
- A Second Beatification - November 17, 2017
- Interactive Sitcom - November 16, 2017