Endukila, a bilingual mini-series from Indian-American filmmaker Deva Katta’s iCandy Creations, will be the first original production from 11-year-old YuppTV, a global provider of South Asian programming. The series, written and directed by Lakshman Karya, will be a product of the Telugu-language Tollywood film industry.
Katta tweeted that iCandy will do two series with YuppTV, one a romantic comedy and the other a drama. Based on the banner above and the series trailer, which you can watch at YuppTV.com, we believe Endukila is the rom-com. YuppTV said the series will launch during Ugadi, New Year’s Day for the Telugu people, which this year falls on Wednesday, March 29.
All YuppTV Originals will be subtitled.
Last October, when YuppTV received a $50 million investment from Emerald Media, CEO Uday Reddy said, “We hope to leverage their relationships and existing assets to create original programming and make this platform a next generation distribution and content powerhouse.”
Targeted to the Indian expat community and available online and on a range of devices, YuppTV has more than 250 TV channels, 5,000 movies and more than 100 TV shows in 14 languages, including Sinhala, Urdu, Nepali, Bangla, Hindi and Bengali. YuppTV claims to add nearly 2,500 hours of new on-demand programming every day. For more info, visit www.yupptv.com.
- Tale of Two Sitcoms - September 21, 2017
- UN Peace Day Broadcast - September 20, 2017
- High Holy Days Online - September 20, 2017
- Baldwin’s Philharmonic - September 19, 2017
- Hispanic Heritage Docs - September 19, 2017
- ‘Doc Martin’ Thursday - September 18, 2017
- Entertale’s Africa Tale - September 18, 2017
- ‘Origin of Everything’ - September 15, 2017
- Ellen Shows Us More - September 15, 2017
- Netflix Gets Coben - September 14, 2017