Endukila, a bilingual mini-series from Indian-American filmmaker Deva Katta’s iCandy Creations, will be the first original production from 11-year-old YuppTV, a global provider of South Asian programming. The series, written and directed by Lakshman Karya, will be a product of the Telugu-language Tollywood film industry.
Katta tweeted that iCandy will do two series with YuppTV, one a romantic comedy and the other a drama. Based on the banner above and the series trailer, which you can watch at YuppTV.com, we believe Endukila is the rom-com. YuppTV said the series will launch during Ugadi, New Year’s Day for the Telugu people, which this year falls on Wednesday, March 29.
All YuppTV Originals will be subtitled.
Last October, when YuppTV received a $50 million investment from Emerald Media, CEO Uday Reddy said, “We hope to leverage their relationships and existing assets to create original programming and make this platform a next generation distribution and content powerhouse.”
Targeted to the Indian expat community and available online and on a range of devices, YuppTV has more than 250 TV channels, 5,000 movies and more than 100 TV shows in 14 languages, including Sinhala, Urdu, Nepali, Bangla, Hindi and Bengali. YuppTV claims to add nearly 2,500 hours of new on-demand programming every day. For more info, visit www.yupptv.com.
- A Primer on BLK Prime - February 19, 2018
- Israeli Self-Defense - February 19, 2018
- Philip Glass Live - February 16, 2018
- ‘Travel Time with Linda’ - February 16, 2018
- ‘Mozart’ Returns Friday - February 15, 2018
- ‘Stargate Origins’ Today - February 15, 2018
- ‘This Close’ Today - February 14, 2018
- Finding ‘One Flesh’ - February 14, 2018
- ‘Movies for Grownups’ - February 13, 2018
- ‘Her America’ Launches - February 13, 2018