If you plan to see the feature film The Shack, which opens in theaters today, you may also want to check out Restoring the Shack, a TV series debuting Sunday, March 5, on Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN).
Based on a best-selling 2007 novel of the same title by Wm. Paul Young, The Shack stars Sam Worthington as “a grieving man [who] receives a mysterious, personal invitation to meet with God at a place called ‘The Shack'”(synopsis from IMDb). Octavia Spencer and Tim McGraw co-star.
‘The Shack’ trailer:
TBN says that Restoring the Shack will present Young’s “personal perspective on life and the meaning behind The Shack, along with penetrating thoughts about faith, grief, wonder — and the joy of relationship with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.” The series was filmed on location in Montana’s Big Sky country.
Four half-hour episodes premiere this Sunday at 8 pm ET on TBN, followed by a one-hour special with Young hosted by Matt and Laurie Crouch. Then, beginning the following Sunday, March 12, Restoring the Shack will run weekly at 10:30 pm. TBN did not say how many episodes have been filmed.
‘Restoring the Shack’ trailer:
- Isn’t it Snowmantic? - November 24, 2017
- ThanksStreaming Day - November 22, 2017
- David Cassidy, 1950-2017 - November 22, 2017
- Mubi, Curiosity On VRV - November 21, 2017
- ‘November Criminals’ - November 21, 2017
- Dockery Goes ‘Godless’ - November 20, 2017
- Antenna’s Bunkers Binge - November 20, 2017
- The ‘Messiah’ is Coming - November 17, 2017
- A Second Beatification - November 17, 2017
- Interactive Sitcom - November 16, 2017