Blues Television Network, “the world’s first dedicated television network created for blues music and related programming,” has launched over-the-air. Currently, it’s only available in the San Francisco market, on channel 28.4.
The network comes from Aitterce Production, which was co-founded by blues singer E.C. Scott. No schedule was provided with the launch announcement, but Aitterce has already been producing such blues-related programming as the 11-year-old syndicated EC’s Jook Joint. Other titles listed on the Aitterce website include Up on the Blues, World of Blues and Drifting the Delta.
‘Jook Joint’ opening montage:
“We love blues music and want it to flourish,” explained Scott about Blues Television Network. “We are committed to making blues relevant to new audiences. We use television to show people that blues music is alive and relevant.”
For more info, visit www.aitterce.com.
- Depardieu’s ‘Marseilles’ - February 21, 2018
- The Zen of Streaming - February 21, 2018
- ‘The Stall’ on Amazon - February 20, 2018
- A Primer on BLK Prime - February 19, 2018
- Israeli Self-Defense - February 19, 2018
- Philip Glass Live - February 16, 2018
- ‘Travel Time with Linda’ - February 16, 2018
- ‘Mozart’ Returns Friday - February 15, 2018
- ‘Stargate Origins’ Today - February 15, 2018
- ‘This Close’ Today - February 14, 2018