Blues Television Network, “the world’s first dedicated television network created for blues music and related programming,” has launched over-the-air. Currently, it’s only available in the San Francisco market, on channel 28.4.
The network comes from Aitterce Production, which was co-founded by blues singer E.C. Scott. No schedule was provided with the launch announcement, but Aitterce has already been producing such blues-related programming as the 11-year-old syndicated EC’s Jook Joint. Other titles listed on the Aitterce website include Up on the Blues, World of Blues and Drifting the Delta.
‘Jook Joint’ opening montage:
“We love blues music and want it to flourish,” explained Scott about Blues Television Network. “We are committed to making blues relevant to new audiences. We use television to show people that blues music is alive and relevant.”
For more info, visit www.aitterce.com.
- WeedTV Launches - September 22, 2017
- Beatification Weekend - September 22, 2017
- Tale of Two Sitcoms - September 21, 2017
- UN Peace Day Broadcast - September 20, 2017
- High Holy Days Online - September 20, 2017
- Baldwin’s Philharmonic - September 19, 2017
- Hispanic Heritage Docs - September 19, 2017
- ‘Doc Martin’ Thursday - September 18, 2017
- Entertale’s Africa Tale - September 18, 2017
- ‘Origin of Everything’ - September 15, 2017