Actor Bill Paxton, who died this weekend at 61, first thrived in big-screen blockbusters like Aliens (1986), Apollo 13 (1995), Titanic (1997) and Twister (1996), in which he played the lead. On TV, Paxton’s biggest role was in HBO’s Big Love (2006-2011). He then received an Emmy nomination for the 2012 History Channel miniseries Hatfields & McCoys. At the time of his death, he was starring in CBS’s Training Day, which had premiered earlier this month.
Here are streaming options for each of these films and TV shows:
Aliens and Twister — the best bet is Fandango Now, with a fee of just 1.99 for SD or $2.99 for HD. Paxton plays Private Hudson, a technician, in Aliens; and storm chaser Bill “The Extreme” Harding in Twister.
Titanic — Paxton plays present-day treasure hunter Brock Lovett in the James Cameron mega-hit, which you can stream from Amazon, iTunes, Google Play and other sources for $2.99 SD/$3.99 HD .
Hatfields & McCoys – Netflix subscribers can stream the three-part, nearly five-hour series, in which Paxton received an Emmy nomination as Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie for his role as leader of the McCoys.
Training Day – Paxton had finished filming all 13 episodes of the series’ first season, which airs on CBS Thursdays at 10 pm ET. You can stream the four episodes that have already aired, for free on CBS.com.
Here’s the opening sequence from the first three seasons of Big Love:
- FloSports Goes Bowling - June 22, 2018
- Punjabi in ‘Next of Kin’ - June 21, 2018
- Dicks on Wheels - June 20, 2018
- Trapped in the 1970s! - June 19, 2018
- Honoring ‘Father Brown’ - June 18, 2018
- Look Who’s Carpooling! - June 15, 2018
- Back to ‘The Ranch’ - June 15, 2018
- Color Classics Launches - June 14, 2018
- ‘Graves’ Demons Return - June 13, 2018
- ‘Lust’ on Netflix Friday - June 13, 2018