Actor Bill Paxton, who died this weekend at 61, first thrived in big-screen blockbusters like Aliens (1986), Apollo 13 (1995), Titanic (1997) and Twister (1996), in which he played the lead. On TV, Paxton’s biggest role was in HBO’s Big Love (2006-2011). He then received an Emmy nomination for the 2012 History Channel miniseries Hatfields & McCoys. At the time of his death, he was starring in CBS’s Training Day, which had premiered earlier this month.
Here are streaming options for each of these films and TV shows:
Aliens and Twister — the best bet is Fandango Now, with a fee of just 1.99 for SD or $2.99 for HD. Paxton plays Private Hudson, a technician, in Aliens; and storm chaser Bill “The Extreme” Harding in Twister.
Titanic — Paxton plays present-day treasure hunter Brock Lovett in the James Cameron mega-hit, which you can stream from Amazon, iTunes, Google Play and other sources for $2.99 SD/$3.99 HD .
Hatfields & McCoys – Netflix subscribers can stream the three-part, nearly five-hour series, in which Paxton received an Emmy nomination as Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie for his role as leader of the McCoys.
Training Day – Paxton had finished filming all 13 episodes of the series’ first season, which airs on CBS Thursdays at 10 pm ET. You can stream the four episodes that have already aired, for free on CBS.com.
Here’s the opening sequence from the first three seasons of Big Love:
- Isn’t it Snowmantic? - November 24, 2017
- ThanksStreaming Day - November 22, 2017
- David Cassidy, 1950-2017 - November 22, 2017
- Mubi, Curiosity On VRV - November 21, 2017
- ‘November Criminals’ - November 21, 2017
- Dockery Goes ‘Godless’ - November 20, 2017
- Antenna’s Bunkers Binge - November 20, 2017
- The ‘Messiah’ is Coming - November 17, 2017
- A Second Beatification - November 17, 2017
- Interactive Sitcom - November 16, 2017