UK broadcaster Sky’s arctic chiller Fortitude has made Amazon Prime Video its “official” streaming home in the US.
The 11-episode first season of the drama series, which premiered on Sky Atlantic in 2015, has been available on Amazon Prime since January 2016. With the premiere of the 10-episode second season scheduled for later this year, Amazon has secured its hold on the show.
“Amazon has been a keen supporter of the series from the outset, having taken an SVOD window on season one,” said Jane Millichip, managing director, Sky Vision. “We’re delighted to now extend the relationship.”
In the thriller, Game of Thrones‘ Richard Dormer plays Dan Anderssen, the sheriff of Fortitude, “a small isolated community with a captive population in an environment that is undergoing change and upheaval due to parasite and pathogen activity.” The sheriff disappears into the wilderness after shooting his wife and his deputy, Eric Odegard, (Björn Hlynur Haraldsson), leads the search to find him. After a murder, the sheriff suddenly reappears, “a violent broken ruin of a man and wild to the point of feral.”
Dennis Quaid appears in season two as Michael Lennox, a fisherman and family patriarch struggling to cope with his wife’s terminal illness.
You can view the first season, which also starred Stanley Tucci and Michael Gambon, with an Amazon Prime subscription. You can also stream individual episodes, without a subscription, for $2.99 each; or you can buy the entire season for $24.99.
‘Fortitude’ Trailer: Season Two
- Soup’s On - February 16, 2018
- Revry’s Funny or Die - February 15, 2018
- Shows for Preschoolers - February 15, 2018
- Grifters and Drifters - February 14, 2018
- PBS Is Most Trusted - February 13, 2018
- MoviePass’ Sweeter Deal? - February 12, 2018
- ‘Swipe Right’ on YouTube - February 12, 2018
- Star-Crossed Streamers - February 9, 2018
- Monday Blues - February 9, 2018
- ‘Am I Black Enough?’ - February 8, 2018