Adam Sandler is Hollywood talent manager Sandy Wexler in a Netflix feature film debuting April 14.
The plot, set in 1990s Los Angeles, introduces Wexler as a manager “who diligently represents a group of eccentric clients on the fringes of show business.” Wexler’s “single-minded devotion is put to the test when he falls in love with his newest client, Courtney Clarke,” who is played by Jennifer Hudson, “a tremendously talented singer who he discovers at an amusement park.” Sandler co-wrote the script.
Sandler has assembled something of an unofficial stock company of actors who have appeared with him in several projects. Returning regulars for Sandy Wexler include Kevin James (Grown Ups, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry), Terry Crews (Blended, The Ridiculous 6) and SNL co-star/alum Rob Schneider (GrownUps, The Ridiculous 6). The Ridiculous 6, another Sandler film for Netflix, was released in 2015.
Netflix subscribers can now add Sandy Wexler to their watch list.
Here’s the Sandy Wexler trailer:
- Soup’s On - February 16, 2018
- Revry’s Funny or Die - February 15, 2018
- Shows for Preschoolers - February 15, 2018
- Grifters and Drifters - February 14, 2018
- PBS Is Most Trusted - February 13, 2018
- MoviePass’ Sweeter Deal? - February 12, 2018
- ‘Swipe Right’ on YouTube - February 12, 2018
- Star-Crossed Streamers - February 9, 2018
- Monday Blues - February 9, 2018
- ‘Am I Black Enough?’ - February 8, 2018