Welcome to The Savvy Screener! This is a news site dedicated to TV discovery beyond traditional cable/satellite/telco channels. It is written both for cord-cutters and those simply looking to explore the wide range of video content choices available online and over-the-air.
TV Discovery Starts Here
The Savvy Screener covers the expanding television universe, including:
- Pay streaming services like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, HBOGo and CBS All Access;
- Free streaming services like Crackle, YouTube and Shout Factory;
- Over-the-air multicast channels like MeTV, Movies! and Decades.
The Savvy Screener serves its readers by:
- Pointing out hidden TV/film gems, both online and over-the-air, and how to access them;
- Highlighting business trends influencing tomorrow’s content.
To get started, we recommend you visit the “Channel Surf” menu on the home page. There you will find stories about free and paid streaming programming, as well as over-the-air content and the latest industry developments. Then scroll down the “Major Players” menu to learn more about upcoming shows from Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu.
Finally, we invite you to subscribe to our newsletter for regular updates about programming and trends.
We hope you find the news on this site to be bingeworthy.
- Tuff TV Q&A - August 16, 2017
- Pinkfong Q&A - August 14, 2017
- ‘Living Dead’ Lives Here - July 17, 2017
- Indies Spirit Q&A - July 11, 2017
- ‘Jersey Girls’ Q&A - June 19, 2017
- ‘RideShare’ Exclusive - June 5, 2017
- Spincast Sets Sights - May 11, 2017
- All ‘Saints & Sinners’ - April 28, 2017
- Documentary Solutions - April 27, 2017
- Priestley’s P.I. Series - March 29, 2017