Over-the-air channel GetTV will run Christmas-themed classic TV episodes, variety specials and movies every night in primetime starting Sunday November 27, and then switch to a 24/7 holiday programming marathon from 12 noon on Sunday, December 28, through Christmas Day a week later.
The primetime content kicks off with The Christmas Wish, a 1998 film starring Neil Patrick Harris and Debbie Reynolds, with an appearance by Naomi Watts. It will be followed by the first of four Perry Como variety specials from the late ‘70s and early ‘80s, to air each Sunday at 10 pm.
Variety will also hold forth Monday nights with three hours of programming, including The Johnny Cash Christmas Show (1977) and The Mac Davis Special: The Music of Christmas (1983).
Episodes of classic TV comedies and dramas will run Tuesdays (The Jeff Foxworthy Show, The Bill Engvall Show) and Wednesdays (including The Equalizer, Hardcastle and McCormick ,The Restless Gun, In the Heat of the Night).
Films running on Thursdays and Fridays will include a December 3 double feature of Once Upon a Christmas (2000) and Twice Upon a Christmas (2001), both starring Kathy Ireland and John Dye.
For the complete primetime schedule, check out GetTV’s Christmas calendar. For the 24/7 marathon, go to GetTV’s schedule page in December. To find out where you can watch, visit GetTV’s “Get the Channel” page.
To get you in the spirit, here’s the 1977 Johnny Cash special, featuring fellow future Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins, along with June Carter Cash, Roy Clark and the Statler Brothers:
- A Primer on BLK Prime - February 19, 2018
- Israeli Self-Defense - February 19, 2018
- Philip Glass Live - February 16, 2018
- ‘Travel Time with Linda’ - February 16, 2018
- ‘Mozart’ Returns Friday - February 15, 2018
- ‘Stargate Origins’ Today - February 15, 2018
- ‘This Close’ Today - February 14, 2018
- Finding ‘One Flesh’ - February 14, 2018
- ‘Movies for Grownups’ - February 13, 2018
- ‘Her America’ Launches - February 13, 2018